The club organises a singles league which runs throughout the year on a 6 to 8 week cycle. The leagues are open to both men and ladies. The format is (normally) divisions of 5 players with promotion/relegagtion on a 2 up and 2 down principle.
Further details can be found on here
The club runs two championships each year, the veterans tournament in winter and the open tournament in the summer. There are also 3 one-day informal tournaments, organised by the coaching team.
Open Tournament 2019
Finals Day - Saturday June 29th 2019
Tournament Referee - Oliver Friend, Head Coach – Sheen Tennis Academy
Entry is open to all tennis members (including Off Peak and Country) who have paid their 2019-20 subscriptions.
Players are encouraged to obtain a BTM number.
Please contact the office or visit: www.lta.org.uk/member for details. (It’s free.)
Off Peak members
Off Peak Members will be required to pay a supplementary £5.00 charge each time a match is played during peak hours.
Entry deadline is 12.00pm on Monday 22nd April. In doubles events both parties must be eligible and enter by this date. No entries received after this deadline can be accepted. The draws will be published later that week.
£5 per entrant per event’ which includes a BBQ ticket.
1. If both players in a singles match are BTM members the scores can be submitted to the LTA and may count towards calculating the player’s rating. Scores will only be submitted if both players agree to this before the match.
2. All court bookings shall be made according to the Club rules as displayed on the Club website. Players are asked to complete matches within the published round dates. Should a player be unable to play the next round, the player should concede the match at match point. Players are asked to make every effort to make sure they will be available for finals day on Saturday June 29th.
3. The scoring format of the matches shall be the best of 2 Tie Break Sets and a long third set. Players will provide their own balls. Balls will be provided for finals day.
4. Players should contact the event organisers with the match result and scores as soon as possible after the match has been completed. Players are asked to keep the organisers fully updated as to their progress in the tournament.
5. Players are asked to contact the event organiser with any queries or concerns regarding scheduling or results. If a match cannot be played within the draw date the organisers shall grant an extension if the circumstances causing the delay are reasonable, and if it does not inconvenience the opposition in the next round unduly. Extensions can only be sanctioned by the event organiser. If the match is still not played the event organiser will decide the result on a coin toss.
6. Any questions or disputes that arise shall be referred to the event organisers. If necessary the tournament referee will be asked for a decision on the matter and the referee’s decision will be final.
7. NEW FOR 2019 – With the addition of the new artificial clay courts, it will be up to the players to agree which court surface they will play their match on. In the event of a disagreement on which court surface to play on, players or the Tournament Referee should flip a coin to decide.
We will have just over 8 weeks to complete all the rounds in the tournament. Players are asked to make every effort to get matches played within the round dates. The event organisers will be chasing all players to arrange their matches in accordance with the round dates. Please could all players keep the event organisers fully up dated.
Vets tournament 2018-19- Draw and Results
Men’s singles final Adam parker beat Rod Eslamieh 6-3, 4-6 1-0
Ladies singles winner Sara Evans as Wendy Scalinger injured
Ladies doubles final Mikael Parker and Alison Goodbrand beat Caroline Barker and Sara Evans 7-5,7-6
No men’s final played Ollie Knutton and John Walker got w/o from Henrik and Monty
Mixed Doubles final Ollie Knutton and Hilary Mott beat John Walker and Sharon Sykes 6-1 6-2
View all the photos in the Gallery