The club organises a singles league which runs throughout the year on a 6 to 8 week cycle. The leagues are open to both men and ladies. The format is (normally) divisions of 5 players with promotion/relegagtion on a 2 up and 2 down principle.
Further details can be found on here
The club runs two championships each year, the veterans tournament in winter and the open tournament in the summer. There are also 3 one-day informal tournaments, organised by the coaching team.
Summer Open Tournament 2019 - Draw
Finals Day - Saturday June 29th 2019
Tournament Referee - Oliver Friend, Head Coach – Sheen Tennis Academy
1. If both players in a singles match are BTM members the scores can be submitted to the LTA and may count towards calculating the player’s rating. Scores will only be submitted if both players agree to this before the match.
2. All court bookings shall be made according to the Club rules as displayed on the Club website. Players are asked to complete matches within the published round dates. Should a player be unable to play the next round, the player should concede the match at match point. Players are asked to make every effort to make sure they will be available for finals day on Saturday June 29th.
3. The scoring format of the matches shall be the best of 2 Tie Break Sets and a long third set. Players will provide their own balls. Balls will be provided for finals day.
4. Players should contact the event organisers with the match result and scores as soon as possible after the match has been completed. Players are asked to keep the organisers fully updated as to their progress in the tournament.
5. Players are asked to contact the event organiser with any queries or concerns regarding scheduling or results. If a match cannot be played within the draw date the organisers shall grant an extension if the circumstances causing the delay are reasonable, and if it does not inconvenience the opposition in the next round unduly. Extensions can only be sanctioned by the event organiser. If the match is still not played the event organiser will decide the result on a coin toss.
6. Any questions or disputes that arise shall be referred to the event organisers. If necessary the tournament referee will be asked for a decision on the matter and the referee’s decision will be final.
7. NEW FOR 2019 – With the addition of the new artificial clay courts, it will be up to the players to agree which court surface they will play their match on. In the event of a disagreement on which court surface to play on, players or the Tournament Referee should flip a coin to decide.
We will have just over 8 weeks to complete all the rounds in the tournament. Players are asked to make every effort to get matches played within the round dates. The event organisers will be chasing all players to arrange their matches in accordance with the round dates. Please could all players keep the event organisers fully up dated.
Vets tournament 2018-19
Men’s singles final Adam parker beat Rod Eslamieh 6-3, 4-6 1-0
Ladies singles winner Sara Evans as Wendy Scalinger injured
Ladies doubles final Mikael Parker and Alison Goodbrand beat Caroline Barker and Sara Evans 7-5,7-6
No men’s final played Ollie Knutton and John Walker got w/o from Henrik and Monty
Mixed Doubles final Ollie Knutton and Hilary Mott beat John Walker and Sharon Sykes 6-1 6-2