- All members shall assist the Club’s Officers and members of committees in seeing that the Club’s rules, bye-laws and regulations are observed.
- Vehicles, other than pedal cycles, perambulators, and those delivery goods to the Club, shall not be allowed to enter the Club’s land.
- Motor vehicles shall not be parked in the service road by the Club’s entrance.
- Cycles shall not be taken on to courts or ridden beyond the beginning of Changing Room building, and may be left on Club premises only at the owner’s own risk.
- Children under the age of four shall not be allowed into the Club except in the company of an adult, who may be asked to remove them if they are not quietly behaved.
- Dogs shall not be allowed onto the Club’s premises unless on a leash and not allowed on any tennis or squash court at any time. Dogs shall be removed if they cause a disturbance.
- Subject to any limitation set by the Bar and Social Committee, any adult member may invite one or more guests to attend a Club social event or use the bar.
- Any member who introduces a playing visitor or iguest to the Club shall enter the name of the visitor or guest in the court booking system.
- Any such member shall be responsible for the good conduct of the visitor or guest and for the payment of any fees or other expenses resulting therefrom.
- Although the Club is normally open throughout the year, members shall not use any facilities which are temporarily closed for repair or maintenance or lack of supervision.
- The club’s tennis courts shall not be used as a thoroughfare, whether or not they are in use.
- Persons shall not walk on the club’s courts when they are unfit to play.
- Persons shall not enter the squash courts unless they are wearing appropriate footwear.
- Persons shall not use skateboards or rollerskates in or on the Club’s premises.
- Persons shall extinguish any lights and fires in rooms which have ceased to be used.
- Persons shall not leave drink cans, cigarette ends or any other rubbish on the courts or any other part of the Club’s premises except in rubbish receptacles.
- Posters, notices or placards shall not be displayed in or about the Club’s premises without the permission of the relevant committee.
- Chairs, tables or other equipment shall not be removed from the Club’s premises without the approval of the Managing Committee and shall be replaced as soon as possible.
- A person who accidentally or negligently damages the fittings, furniture, or other property of the Club shall report it to a member of the Managing Committee, who will consider what further action is appropriate.
- A person who maliciously or recklessly damages the fittings, furniture or other property of the Club shall reimburse the Club for the cost of repair or replacement.
- The Club or Company shall not be responsible for any loss sustained through members leaving personal property on any part of the Club’s premises.
- Any unclaimed personal property found on the Club’s premises shall be handed to the bar steward or office manager.
- Portable radios or cassette players shall not be played on the Club’s premises unless they are heard only through a personal earphone.
- The general hours during which excisable liquors may be supplied (if at all) shall be:
Monday – Thursday
- The supply of excisable liquors to members during those periods may be withdrawn at any time.
- Excisable liquors shall not be brought into the Club or consumed by members, guests or visitors on the premises during hours when the bar is open.
- Excisable liquors shall not be sold to children under the age of 18.
- No person other than an adult member, guest or approved visitor is permitted to order or pay for excisable liquors.
- All refreshments bought at the Club shall be paid for before the member leaves the premises.
- Bar staff shall not cash members’ personal or business cheques.
- Youth members and other children accompanying an adult member are allowed in the Club Bar, and may buy non-intoxicating refreshments there, but shall leave the bar if asked to do so by a Committee Member or the Bar Steward.
- All glasses and crockery shall be returned to the bar or kitchen after use.
- Games other than games of skill shall not be played at the club.
- Card table money may be charged and fixed from time to time by the Bar/Social Committee.
- Members and their guests, while on the Club’s premises or in the course of attending a Club function, shall not engage in such action or use such language as is likely to cause offence to others (including neighbours), to lead to a breach of the peace or to bring the club’s name into disrepute.
- The conduct of an employee of the Club or company shall never be a matter of personal reprimand or criticism by any member other than the designated officers and member volunteers.
- Any complaints shall be made in writing to the Chair of the Managing Committee or office administrator, and shall be signed by the members making them.
- Any serious or persistent breach of these by-laws for the good conduct of the Club will be reported to the Managing Committee who will consider what, if any, disciplinary action would be appropriate in accordance with the Club’s rules.