Equality and Diversity Policy
This policy aims to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect, and that the members, non members and visiting clubs and teams are not denied access to Sheen Lawn Tennis & Squash Club because of a discriminatory reason.
- The Board of Directors and the Managing Committee are responsible for setting standards and values to apply throughout the club. Tennis and squash should be enjoyed by everyone who wants to play the game.
- Our commitment is to eliminate discrimination by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, ability or disability and to encourage equal opportunities.
- The Club in all its activities will not discriminate nor in any way treat anyone less favourably, on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, ability or disability. The Club will treat employees, members, non-members and visiting clubs and teams fairly and with respect.
- The Club will not tolerate harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of an individual. This includes sexual or racially based harassment or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal. Appropriate action will be taken by the Committee should this occur.
- The Committee commits itself to the investigation of any complaints of discrimination on the above grounds once they are brought to their attention, in accordance with its complaints policy, and impose such sanction as it considers appropriate.
- The Committee is committed to taking positive action where inequalities exist and the development of training and awareness to promote the eradication of discrimination. The club will also promote equality and diversity in tennis.
- The Club is committed to a policy of equal treatment of all members and employees and for them to abide by and adhere to the relevant equalities legislation including the Race Relations Act 1976, Sex Discrimination Act 1975, Disability Discrimination Act 1995, Age Discrimination Act 2006 as well as any amendments to these acts and any new legislation.